The internship advisory service offers consultation hours on appointment for all questions related to job search, application, and credit.
The B.A. programmes African Culture & Society, Social Anthropology, and Culture & Society (subject Social Anthropology) include a professional internship of at least 180 working hours lasting several weeks.
The internship offers students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired during their studies in a field of work outside of academia and to gain practical insights into a future field of work. It is to be completed as of their 4th semester at the earliest.
Students are free to search independently for an internship position in a field of activity for which their studies are preparing them, and which corresponds to their personal interests. The internship can be completed in Germany or abroad.
Internship advising at the Cultural & Social Anthropology research group (in cooperation with the Career Service) supports students in seeking a suitable internship position, in applying, in receiving certification of compulsory internships, and in the follow-up reflection on the internship.
Students of the department have completed internships in the following areas:
- cultural work and curation
- development cooperation
- intercultural mediation and education
- migration and integration work
- public relations and journalism
- tourism and travel
- politics and diplomacy
- organization and personnel consulting
Interested students (with their University username) can gain insights into personal internship experiences of former interns here.
The internship advisory service expressly points out that voluntary service and internships completed before the start of studies are not recognised as compulsory internships.
Documents and Links
- Information sheet on the internship (in German language)
- Database for students with internship reports
- Student Administration Office information on leave of absence
- Internship and job platforms
- Literature on vocational orientation for social anthropologists (literature in German language)
- Vocational study of social anthropological degree programmes (in German language)
- Funding opportunities for internships (in German language)