BIGSAS - Bayreuth International Graduate School for African Studies
BIGSAS, the Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies is an institution that is sponsored within the framework of the federal initiative of excellence and that offers doctoral students of african studies both encouraging and demanding structures.
The basic aims of the (BIGSAS) can be summarised as follows:
* to bring together excellent young African and non-African scholars to work jointly in the field of African Studies
* to offer a centre of creative and innovative PhD training and research in Germany in the field of African Studies
* to contribute to the creation of an African Universities network and to the development of excellent PhD training structures in Africa in order to avoid an African brain drain
* to bring African and European networks together and create an African Alumni network
* to sharpen the academic and international profile of the University of Bayreuth
To the press area of bigsas.